Tutorial – 13
Updating the Table of Contents
- Updating the Table of Contents should be done last, to make sure that the page numbers are correctly displayed.
- Remember to delete the Instructions pages at the beginning of the template.
- Right-click anywhere on the Table of Contents.
- Click on “Update Field”.
- If no changes were made to existing heading titles, and no new headings were added, then select “Update page numbers only”.
- For the purpose of this example, a new subheading was added under section 7 [see tutorial Applying styles: Creating section headings]; in that case, select “Update entire table”.
- After clicking OK, the new heading has been inserted in the right place, and the page numbers have been updated.
Become an MS Word expert, and take off with a flying start.